Lostart Street is a cross-genre, stand-alone novel of mystery, murder, and moonbeams set in 1982.
“Crack storytelling and characters you swear you’ve met before.”–Susie Bright, author, editor, publisher.
Lostart Street Discussion Questions
- Have you ever had to suddenly move to any city? What was the occasion?
- Did you find Cecile naïve? Do you think she should have picked up on clues about other characters more quickly?
- How did you feel when Mrs. Bean used the N-word? Were you surprised? Some readers might argue that the word should not have been included in the book. What do you think of this argument?
- Do you think Cecile should have said or done more when Mrs. Bean revealed her racist streak? Why or why not?
- Many readers respond positively to the sense of community in Lostart Street. But the community is composed of wounded souls. How do you feel about the neighborhood?
- Lostart Street is full of quirky, colorful characters. Who was your favorite? Why?
- How did you feel about the ending? Did you want more for Cecile?